Age-friendly Belfast Older Volunteer Awards 2016
The Age-friendly Belfast Older Volunteer Awards, supported by Volunteer Now, are an opportunity for Belfast-based community and voluntary groups and organisations to recognise their volunteers who are aged 60 years and over.
The awards celebrate the considerable contribution and positive impact that older volunteers make to the work of a wide variety of Belfast organisations and groups.
Nominations for the Age-friendly Belfast Older Volunteer Awards are now open.
This year’s award categories are
- The older volunteer of the year award recognises an individual volunteer who you feel has made a real difference to the work you do over the last 12 months
- The Marie Mathews participation award aims to recognise a volunteer who embodies the true spirit of volunteering, either through volunteering for a number of groups or through actively encouraging others to be involved. It can also be someone whose length of volunteer service deserves to be recognised.
- The health and well-being award aims to recognise a volunteer who is involved in a project which improves physical, mental or emotional health.
- The creativity and culture award recognises a volunteer who makes a difference through the arts, culture or creative projects.
- The team or group award celebrates two or more volunteers who are involved in the same project, programme or service within an organisation.
Make a nomination
You can submit your nomination online, by email or by post.
The closing date for entries is 4.30pm on Friday 21 October 2016.
Please read our entry guidelines before submitting your nomination.
For more information about the Age-friendly Belfast Older Volunteer Awards, call us on 028 9032 0202 extension 3775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not copy and paste text from software such as Microsoft Word when completing this form. Either type directly into the form or copy and paste text from Notepad.
Enter by email
Download and email your completed form to email@example.com
Enter by post
Download and post your completed form to
Tracy Mawhinney |Belfast City Council | Cecil Ward Building | 4-10 Linenhall Street | Belfast | BT2 8BP